Friday, June 19, 2009

An even bigger sandwich

This week my nieces have joined us.

It is always so good to see them. We miss them terribly when they are not here.

So now there are three 11 year olds and one 8 year old joining in on the fun.

This usually means a lot of family meals which are always great fun. Gillian LOVES to cook and Mom appreciates her help. Only now the other girls want to help too.

Mom is so patient with them, overlooking the fact that sometimes half the strawberry is wasted, but she lets them keep trying. That's the only way we ever learned and she continues it today!

Today the girls started off their day at art camp with their older cousin Marcie. This is evidently quite fun, but the story of what they are served to eat keeps getting more unusual! Today was vienna sausages, yesterday was a bologna sandwich. Grace seems to enjoy it all, but Annabel can't find anything she wants to eat. But it doesn't matter because they LOVE being in class with Marcie!

I'm not sure what all went on this afternoon except the girls washed the dogs.

I'm sorry I missed that!

Yesterday my girls went to Art Camp but were back in time to go to Waco to pick up Gillian and Darcey. The ride home was interesting I'm sure, with Mom, Dad, and 4 granddaughters! All drinking the large economy McDonald's beverage! They meant to speak to me as they came in but were each running for bathrooms!

Last night was our last swimming class! It seemed like a good idea when I registered them, but every night for 2 weeks of rushing dinner to sit in the hot sun while the girls swim wasn't as much fun for me as I expected! Grace did excellent in her class and the teacher said she graduated to the next level. Annabel's class had a LOT of kids in it and the teacher wasn't able to spend as much one on one time with them. She really needs more classes, but they will have to wait for now.

Tomorrow the whole clan is going to Costco, just in time for lunch and hopefully lots of good free samples!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your new blog. But why do you have a picture of me and Becky, and Kathy for your profile? Just pondering the significance of that...

    ReplyDelete