Thursday, July 9, 2009

A loss of peers

Life has a funny way of stopping you in your tracks.

So many times living the life of the sandwich generation, I have seen my parents lose life long friends, their peers.

But it really makes you stop and think when you hear about two of your peers passing away.

Facebook has been a fantastic way to reconnect with former classmates. I'm not sure any other way, other than reunions, when I would have this opportunity.

I found out today that one of those friends, whom I had wondered about often, had recently passed away.

Then tonight I got a call from an old friend whose sister had passed away suddenly this week. My friend had known Jana and knew I could relate to her sorrow.

Maybe this sandwich generation is getting older. I don't know but it brings a dose of reality home.

No comments:

Post a Comment