Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Who is the oldest?

We have all battened down the hatches in anticipation of the Arctic blast we have been warned about for over a week. We have a big pot of chili simmering on the stove. The girls are finishing up their homework and the dogs are being lazy. They have cleared our area of the dreaded squirrels. The dogs that is, not the girls.

Today I was freezing and the temperature was still in the 40's.

Most of the day I wore my coat in the office!

Then when we got home, I found out that Dad had been crawling around under our deck looking for any holes or areas that still needed to be blocked before the weather changed tonight.

I come home exhausted from "work" and my 80 year old father has been plugging up holes and trying to ward off any potential problems from our plumbing freezing up!

While the back of our house is pretty high, it is not tall enough for a man who is 6'5" to fit under.

I have seen things that have disappeared under the deck, but had decided that was like "no man's land" or quick sand and just pretended not to see it.

How can my father make me feel so OLD???

No comments:

Post a Comment