Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday, which usually is not my favorite day. But when you are surrounded by such good people, it is hard not to enjoy it!

The day started long before we woke up as snow began falling. It made for a beautiful drive to school for the girls! As I dropped them off I was pretty sure there would be no way they could have school today!

Then at work I was greeted with a beautiful huge arrangement of red carnations from Mom and Dad, and Gloria bought me my new favorite drink, Caffe Americano, and we had a book fair in the lobby. Who could ask for more! Plus I got to see one of my two favorite little boys, although he had to go see the doctor.

For lunch they had Corner Bakery delivered, my absolute fave, which probably says a lot about me that a good sandwich is one of my favorite meals! And for dessert? No plain old birthday cake for me! A plate of whoopie pies! Which if I knew how to make, I would be as big as a barn again!

Then they sent home all the leftovers! Yummy! Black Currant ice tea on an icey, snowy day! Another one of my favorites!

The school called once to announce that afternoon activities were cancelled. Then they called again to say they were closing early and come up your kids NOW! The drive was slow, but not bad and the snow just kept coming down!

When we finally made it home, it was just enough time for snow ball fights, attempts at building a snow man and just getting out and enjoying the rarity of snow!

For dinner Mom made another one of my favorites, her soup! Yum! It should be canned and sold so everyone could enjoy it! My brother used to say she should can her gravy, as it was the best he ever ate!

Then for dessert? An absolutely delicious pound cake! WITH Blue Bell Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream! At that point you know that this is a fantastic birthday, but it got even better!

I had a short list of things I wanted this year, a pair of rain boots, a pitch fork to stir my compost, and some socks! Did not get the socks, but got REALLY cute rain boots, so I can garden in the mud, a way cool pitch fork, and $25 for Red Lobster or Olive Garden!

Added to all of this enjoyment from the people around me, I got a lot of birthday greetings from all my old friends on Facebook, people I have not seen since high school, for the most part. Wow! That was great!

Now to all of you that contributed to making this day so great, I have to be honest and tell you that Annabel out did you all!

She made a birthday card, addressed to Jerri and Mom. Inside she had her friends and teachers write me a note for my birthday. Each told me she was very excited about my birthday!

It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment