Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break!

Ahh, spring break! The very words create images of frolicking on the beach, through meadows filled with flowers and butterflies, visiting historic monuments, riding a carousel....

Somehow that has not worked out for us.

We eagerly await the longer breaks when my nieces, Gillian and Darcey can come visit. Their visit was delayed a day and I took advantage of the time and cleaned out flower beds, transplanting, repotting, and building a raised bed so I can hopefully plant some vegetables that will actually grow and produce something! I worked from early until I needed a flashlight to determine if I was pulling up a weed or an onion and by Sunday morning was not sure if I could get out of bed.

Rarely when the phone rings on Sunday morning is is good news and this time was no different.

Our minister, who has been an integral part of our family, being there the minute we called about Jana, holding our hands, saying prayers for each and every illness, providing the girls with a quarter each Sunday and any other time he sees them, and overall being a great friend to Dad, had been rushed to ER. While the diagnosis is still unknown there is evidence of "masses" in his colon and liver. Prayers on his behalf are appreciated.

Yesterday I was stuck at work most of the day, even though I was supposed to be on vacation, but when you have a small office staff and someone is sick, you have to pinch hit. The only trouble is that I was useless as my head and chest feel like elephants have taken up residence.

But when I got home, I took the girls to Wal Mart. Annabel has been wanting embroidery thread to make friendship bracelets. She has checked all the local stores, but hoped to find what she needed at Wal Mart.

We thoroughly inspected everything in the toys, arts, clearance, school supplies, toys, and back. Each bought a "must have" for outside play for a whopping $2! I can opposed to Wal Mart for all they have done, but you cannot beat the price for cheap entertainment.

When I choose my next career, I still think weather forecasting will have to be it, you don't even have to get close to being right and still have a job! The weather was supposed to be brilliantly perfect all week.

We woke up to cloudy, rainy, dreary skies which has put a damper on those great Wal Mart finds from yesterday.

Today a dog behaviorist was supposed to come by and talk to Nina, our dog, about her barking. She's not able to make it so I tried to have the conversation. I think talking to the dog is preparing me for my girls' teen years!

No matter what the weather is like, these four girls have a wonderful time together regardless of what they are doing. I love to hear them laugh and joke and have a good time. They all 4 got in my bathroom together last night and after about an hour and a half, they were all finished! I wish I had been a fly on the wall as I think all the most important details are discussed in there.

I wish the girls could live closer, but glad they can be here when they can. I hope I can make the rest of the week resemble everyone's vision of what spring break should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment