Monday, October 25, 2010

Some thoughts

Life lately has gotten way too complicated, if it has been two weeks since I sat down to write.

I tried last week to quit some things that are taking up way too much of my life, my emotions, my time, my money, and it was just not pretty.

People do not like for you to quit. It doesn't even matter what you are trying to quit, if you have been doing it, it is wrong for you to stop doing it, and no one asks why you need to quit or if maybe you might need some help for a change, rather than you helping them all the time.

These situations have been on a constant loop going off in my head and really been quite distracting.

It dawned on me a few weeks back that I really could not remember the last time I had enjoyed something. Not that I have to be entertained, but I could not remember a really good meal, a conversation, a laugh. I know there were some and so dear reader, if you have been in my life lately, don't take it personal, but it has felt like all of my energy has been spent trying to maintain or even survive, but nothing more.

Back in the 80's it was popular in to draw a circle and determine how much of your time was devoted to each area of your life and if it was not balanced, you were doomed to fail.

I haven't seen anyone draw that out lately and the last time I did, the only person I had to care about was me, so it was pretty lopsided in those days, but now it just had begun to feel like it was flat, with some areas being a giant weight dragging the bottom of my circle down and the areas that I really want to focus were continuing to be neglected and dropping down into the weighty section as well.

This is surely not the way things are supposed to be.

But just as things seem to be murkier than ever, several things began to happen last week to give me that infamous Oprah, "Aha!" moment. Places that I am normally not, caused me to run into people I normally would not have seen, some who held specific answers for some of the problems I have been dealing with, others offering solutions that I had not even considered, and hope that a balance can be found that will make my circle more evenly divided.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Pizza! :-) Good luck on cutting that pie, Jerri. Make sure you serve yourself a slice. XO

    ReplyDelete