Monday, November 1, 2010

Are you my family?

Tonight I skipped to the front of the line and took my shower first and while enjoying the few minutes of solitude caught myself remembering earlier conversations with my girls.

I was actually trying to decide what and how I wanted to write about next but a primary theme was how you have to be on duty, 24/7 as a mom, because before you can complete one set of questions, another is thrown at you, a meal has to be served, a phone call taken, a load of laundry done, and you are behind two or three sets of MAJOR questions and problems that need to be resolved.

As they gathered their clothes and head to the shower, the door pops open again and the question is asked, "Mom, what animal is roast?".

Uh, cow?

"So is a girl cow called a cow and a boy cow called an ox?"

Hmmm, I think an ox might be a type of cow or something, but no, I don't think they are the boy cows. This is when I wish I had taken that Animal Husbandry class at ACU that my sister did, as I really don't know the answer.

I wasn't sure where or how this conversation had originated so Annabel comes back through after announcing to Grace that she, Annabel, was right!!!

So here is the explanation:

"Mom, I told Grace that I was eating my relative tonight because I am ox (the Chinese calendar and which year you are born) and a cow and an ox are related so I was eating a relative tonight."

This child won a certificate of merit on Friday for being the 7th Grade Most Inquisitive Student! Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment