Saturday, November 5, 2011

More things to be thankful for

Thank you to all who shared things you are thankful for. I'm sorry it doesn't show here, as they did it on Facebook.

But on with things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for the volunteers I work with every day and have for the last 10 years or so.

These are the most dedicated and hardest working people I have ever met. These people are reliable and trustworthy. When they say they will be there, they are. They work hard and receive very little in return. They fill a need that we could not afford to fill. I'm not sure how they ever found time to work with all the good things they do full time now. They take their job very seriously.

Sometimes you know someone for a very short time but realize how thankful you are for them very quickly.

Recently Grace has been teaching herself to play some new songs on her guitar. She plays each night, watching videos to teach her the chords. Annabel has also resumed her playing since we got her guitar repaired recently. Last year, we took advantage of the free lessons in our neighborhood, which got them started, but the required attendance of class 4 days a week was overwhelming this year with the load of homework they have each night.

I've been holding our purse strings so tight it was hard to make the decision to do it, but I learned about a new guitar teacher in the area who came highly recommended and felt that the initiative they were showing on teaching themselves deserved some help with a professional.

Grace's second lesson was yesterday but Annabel's was this morning.

She and I got up and ready to run out the door with just enough time to still get there and when I reached for the car keys realized they were not there. With all pointing fingers at each other, we soon had to acknowledge that the keys just were not here and probably had been left at mom and dad's from the previous evening.

I hated to do it but I called the teacher and told him we could not make it. I wasn't sure what his policy was on missing classes but before I had to find out, he volunteered to come to our house to teach the class.

Wow! I am thankful for our new guitar teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment