Monday, April 9, 2012

When I get old...

I'm afraid my children don't understand me. I know they don't get my humor. I find the funniest things and sit here giggling over it and when they ask me what's so funny, they just don't get it.

Take for instance what my friend Holly posted on facebook,

"When I get old, I'm gonna move in with my kids, make a lot of noise, trash the house, pay no bills, and when asked to clean, pitch a fit like it's killing me."

OK, I found that hysterical.

And really the best part was all the parents who chimed in with their own version of what they will do when they get old and move in with their children.

ALL of those were funny.

So I am sitting here giggling and the question is, "What's so funny?".

I start with explaining that my friend Holly, that I have never met, but we are friends on Facebook, well that made the conversation come to a screeching halt.

"Mom, you have friends on Facebook that you have never met?"

"Uh, yeah" a little timid because I am not sure where this is going, whether they will realize that I don't allow them to be friends on facebook with people they have never met, or what.

They were actually more confused by how I knew we were friends if we have never met, how did we meet, etc.

So by the time I explained all that another parent had posted a funny response and I giggled again.

This time I read them the original quote.

"I don't get it."

"Me neither."

Both turned back to whatever they were working on and just shook their heads.

OK, I can't wait until I get old...

No comments:

Post a Comment