Saturday, May 5, 2012

Big day for chickens

At 10 weeks old, I have decided our babies need to fly their nest. When the possum got in with them and I hoped to introduce them then, there was just so much pecking I'm not sure they would have survived.

Now they seem closer to the teenagers size so I am trying it again.

I gave everyone extra food so that would not be a problem and cause for fights, then opened the door and hoping for the best!

It's funny how they never truly meld into the other groups. I'm not sure if it is because the teenagers still aren't as large as the old ladies or if they are just that cliquish.

I will update later to let you know if this works. Life in the chicken yard will just be that much easier with one less cage to deal with.

Sent by Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment