Saturday, June 9, 2012

Long story deleted, much shorter one follows!

I have no idea why I can't seem to type on a laptop any more but I do something weird and the whole thing I have just typed disappears. So my long detailed post is gone.
 
So I will make a very short post instead and hope this summer improves so I can write more often.
 
Even though school is out, somehow this week has been as hectic and we have had the added inconvenience of being without a hot water heater all week.
 
Thankfully we had a little cooler weather so maybe we did not get as ripe, as Dad says, but tonight, after cleaning out the chicken coop, mowing, hanging out clothes, and cooking dinner, I needed a shower.
 
I left knowing I still needed to put my bed back together and had boiled some water to wash the dishes.
 
When I came back (which kind of felt like I was at camp, out at night, in my pjs, hair wet, going back to cabin) I found my two wonderful daughters, washing the dishes, even though the "old fashioned" way had been a bone of contention earlier in the week.
 
Oh my goodness! Wow!
 
So while they finished that up, I went to put the sheets on my bed.
 
OK, so what would is better than wow when you are absolutely amazed at someone's kindness, especially when it is your teenage daughters?
 
They had made my bed!
 
I write this because I posted a message from Half the Sky just prior to this one.
 
It tells the story of a girl who was not adopted and still lives in the social welfare institute in China.
 
Her story is similar to my daughters.
 
This week, I read where people who originally sent their documents to China in 2006 were just now being matched to a baby.
 
I also read where people who chose older children were able to travel in a matter of weeks.
 
I wish I could be the voice that makes you consider adopting an older child.
 
If you ever want to talk about it, let me know.
 
My life is nothing but better because of my daughters, not just for washing the dishes and making my bed, but because of the love and kindness they show to others, and the incredible women they are becoming.
Think about giving these older kids a chance.
http://mysandwichlife.blogspot.com/
It's not about sandwiches! It's about my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment