Saturday, February 16, 2013

Feet!

My dad wears a size13 in shoes. I took after my dad. I have always had big feet. In school it could prove embarrassing when your feet were bigger than the boys. I eventually grew into my big feet and finding shoes is fairly easy.

My daughters on the other hand have very petite feet and it is almost impossible to find any choices in a size 5. Usually what is in a 5 was either meant for a much older woman or a kid.

Tonight is the big freshman social. I have extremely good kids and both were ok with wearing something they already had but i knew this event meant more so i insisted we go shopping.

Grace usually knows exactly what she is looking for. She requires little input because she has worked it out in her mind way ahead of time and when she finds it, she Is satisfied.

Annabel, on the other hand, does not see the need for all the fuss and thinks t shirt and jeans should be appropriate for all occasions.

We actually found exactly what each wanted within the first hour and then we moved onto the shoe department.

I asked for anything they had in a 5 and the salesman just shook his head.

Not to be defeated, i led us to the next shopping center that has 2 shoe stores, surely we could find something.

As usual, Grace found just what she wanted within the first 5 minutes, only i balked at the price, the fit, the height of the heel, pretty sure we could do better.

Annabel gravitated toward the sneakers. I put my foot down and said no way was she wearing sneakers.

We pressed on to the next store.

Nothing.

The next store.

Nothing.

At that point i was tired, hungry, and ready to go home so i did what i should have in the first 5 minutes of our search and bought the shoes they liked.

I've dropped them off as my shift to volunteer doesn't start yet but as i did they both said thank you one more time and went to the social in just what they wanted, sneakers and heels. I love my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment