Monday, April 29, 2013

Dinner conversation

Wow! Over a month since I took long enough to sit down in front of a computer to write a post to my blog. I believe that is a record, not a good record, but shows how fast life can go at times.

Because I probably can't remember everything that has happened, I'll start with tonight.

Although I had nothing specific planned for dinner tonight, I knew I had a freezer full of things I could prepare fairly easily but when I got home, Mom announced that she was planning to cook, which is always a great way to start an evening.

The meal was great but the conversation was especially entertaining. I was trying to tell about a TV show that features 4 women who used their special talents to decode information from World War II. Hoping to provide inspiration to my girls, I explained what an important role they played in winning the war. I was describing the various talents and when I got to the one who had photographic memory, Grace asked what I was talking about.

Annabel explained that a person who had photographic memory could look at anything and then spit out everything they had seen.

About this time, someone, who shall remain nameless, spoke up and said, "My problem is that all I ever do it spit!"

You got to love a lively dinner conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment