Saturday, August 10, 2013

Keeping it real!

Our summer break came to an end before I had time to blink. Our school starts back at least 2-3 weeks earlier than everyone else's. We get out earlier in May, but starting back the first week of August just seems cruel.

Songs, books, and movies have all been done with various themes for summer. I think this summer will be the summer of learning to drive, the bathroom re-do, and lots of family visiting.

I won't take time to talk about all of those now, but wanted to let you know, in the meantime, that my family has ensured that I remain humble. With their help, Proverbs 16:18 is not a problem - Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

As an example, the other night one daughter was describing someone as old, really old. I said, "About how old is she?"

Her answer, "Probably in her 50's!"

Thanks!

The next night, the other daughter was describing one of her teachers who is really tall, but could not guess about how much he weighs. I said, "Is he about my size?"

The answer, "No, he's not fat!"

Thanks!

Then I bought some facial hair remover since both my mom and daughter had wanted it. I offered it to my mom.

Her response, "Oh no, you need it worse!"

Thanks!

With their help, I should be able to avoid falling due to a haughty spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment