Friday, February 7, 2014

Bad to great in a hurry!

I came dragging home tonight from work. It's been a rough week and by the time I pulled into our driveway, well I was spent. Before I could get out of the car my phone rang. It was Annabel, who has been very sick, calling to tell me to come to mom and dad's, rather than home. It wasn't until I got much closer that I saw the happy birthday streamers across the door.

Inside everyone was blowing horns, there were streamers, banners, and balloons, and a stack of presents. Inside one of this boxes was an incredible present from my girls, a Vera Bradley bag! Absolutely beautiful! Paid for by them! Borrowing a phrase from my grandmother, Lord I don't know what I've done to deserve all of this.

Then, even though that was more than enough, the doorbell rang and dinner was delivered compliments of my amazing niece, Marcie - lasagne, salad, and garlic bread! Delicious!

But wait, there's more - dessert! Homemade chocolate pie made by Marcie. And it was amazing! Very close to mom's, which is saying a lot!

They certainly know how to turn around a bad week!
Sent from Jerri's Yahoo Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment