Friday, May 16, 2014

Taking care of those who can't take care of themselves

When I traveled to China to adopt Grace, I had the great fortune of my sister, Jana going with me. She taught me to pack very light so we could fill our suitcases with things the children in the orphanages needed.

She was right. There were so many children and so many needs that the small amount of clothing, school supplies, and toiletries barely made a dent.

Before the trip to adopt Annabel, Grace and my nieces raised money to buy the children in the orphanage shoes. We also collected toothpaste, toothbrushes, yarn, and other items that were needed.

This time I plan to pack light again. There is a special need at the orphanage in Xi'an for summer pajamas for the babies, as well as diaper rash cream.

We want to help as many as we can so we are accepting gifts of new summer pajamas sized newborn to 3T, as well as diaper rash cream, to deliver to those who have not been adopted. If you are not in our area, but would like to make a donation to purchase these items, you can send it to my PayPal account, at jalocke2@sbcglobal.net.

Any amount is appreciated and it will all go to help those who can't help themselves.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment